Salary: $45,000-$55,000; salary commensurate with training and experience. Full-time employees of the West Virginia State Treasurer’s Office (WVSTO) are eligible for Public Employee Insurance Agency benefits and a number of other benefits available to state employees.
Location: Charleston, WV
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent; Not in the Classified Service; FLSA: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Assistant Treasurer, Administration
Nature of Work:
Under general supervision, this position provides administrative support for the Assistant Treasurer of Administration to aid in the completion of all assigned duties. The Assistant Treasurer of Administration provides continuing or individual assignments by indicating generally what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines and priorities. Additional, specific instructions are given for new, difficult, or unusual assignments. This position uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments. The Assistant Treasurer assures that the work is technically accurate and in compliance with instructions or established procedures.
Provides a wide range of complex office administration support to the Assistant Treasurer, Executive Director of Administration and the Executive Director of Purchasing in the Administration Division.
- Tracks and submits travel reimbursements through wvOASIS; ensures TRAUTHs are completed prior to out of state travel; assists STO employees with submitting TRERs; ensures proper documentation is provided and submitted in a timely manner.
- Serves as the front office manager over reception; makes arrangements to ensure adequate coverage for reception. Provides assistance and coverage to the chief phone operator during breaks or as needed through the following duties:
- Receives and forwards incoming calls that come to the main STO switch board.
- Receives visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Maintains office security by following safety procedures and controlling access of STO offices through the use the facilities security system.
- Provides review, drafting, and editing support for internal and external office communication.
- Assists with necessary data entry for the Administration division.
- Assists with special projects as directed by the Assistant Treasurer.
This position assigns work schedules and tasks to Administrative Assistants in the Administration division that perform receptionist duties. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting employee performance evaluations; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred; 3-6 years of experience in administrative support functions required; or equivalent combination of education and related experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software, specifically Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact effectively with public officials, STO management, and others in providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to respond effectively to common and sensitive inquiries, from a wide range of internal and external contacts, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive issues in an orderly and controlled manner.
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 11, 2023.
This job opportunity is not in the classified service and is not covered under the Administrative Rule of the WV Division of Personnel.