Job Title: Director of Jumpstart Savings Program
Salary: $60,000-$70,000; salary commensurate with education and experience. Full-time employees of the West Virginia State Treasurer’s Office (WVSTO) are eligible for Public Employee Insurance Agency benefits and a number of other benefits available to state employees.
Location: Charleston, WV
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent; Not in the Classified Service; FLSA: Exempt
Division: WVSTO Jumpstart Savings
Reports To: Assistant State Treasurer
Nature of Work:
Under administrative direction, this position is responsible for the overall management and day-to-day operations of the West Virginia Jumpstart Savings Program. The Jumpstart Savings Program allows individuals who wish to pursue a vocation or trade to make tax-free contributions to a savings and investment account up to $25,000 each year.
- Develops and executes a work plan to successfully implement and launch the newly created Jumpstart Savings Program in 2022.
- Partners with the State Treasurer’s Office Marketing and Financial Education division to develop a comprehensive outreach and engagement strategy; leads the preparation and review of Request For Proposals (RFP) for Jumpstart vendors and services.
- Interacts extensively with the Program Manager; responsible for managing relationships and acts as the liaison to all Jumpstart vendors.
- Conducts presentations to large, diverse audiences including the Board and its committees, the media, employers, and the general public.
- Cultivates a strong partnership with the West Virginia Jumpstart Savings Program Board.
- Interfaces with the Chairman of the Board and Committee Chairs in order to: confirm and create agendas, ensure achievement of prior meeting action items, develop meeting content and materials, and ensure effective meeting execution.
- Provides logistical support, attends, and tracks all official business and records for all Board. Assists the Board in the creation of and keeping the Board informed of execution of policies and procedures necessary and appropriate to carry out the Board’s statutory duties with regard to the Jumpstart Savings Program.
- Ensures that all division activities and operations are carried out in compliance with West Virginia Code and other applicable policies and procedures.
- Develops recommendations for the Board for Program enhancements that will promote growth of the Program.
- Delivers excellent customer service when responding to general inquiries from the public and Jumpstart account owners; researches and responds to incoming Jumpstart related mail, email, telephone, or walk-in inquiries.
- Prepares and submits the Jumpstart Savings Program division budget.
- Develops and prepares the annual report regarding the Jumpstart Savings Program.
- Represents the Program at local conferences and meetings. Single day travel is required as well as occasional overnight stays.
- Stays abreast of changes, current practices, and developments in legislation that may impact the Program.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a related field required; five to seven years related experience and/or training, a minimum of two years of project management and supervision and/or management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a board relations position preferred.
- Skills in developing community relationships, including business and professional linkages, interagency collaboration, and the ability to establish and maintain partnerships with vocational and trade school institutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with staff and Board in a fast-paced environment with the ability to remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to participate in the creation and implementation of advertising concepts and media plans and production for television, radio, newspaper, outdoor advertising.
- Ability to organize and present information in a clear, concise, and appealing format.
- Ability to speak effectively before civic groups, business groups, and related associates.
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume to email@example.com by October 1, 2021.
This job opportunity is not in the classified service and is not covered under the Administrative Rule of the WV Division of Personnel. Therefore, interested persons must apply directly to the hiring agency as indicated above.